Today the Massachusetts Attorney General issued a long-awaited compliance guidance to help employers prepare for the effective date of the Act to Establish Pay Equity, which amends the Massachusetts Equal Pay Act ("MEPA"), and which goes into effect on July 1, 2018. A copy of the 30-page guidance can be found by clicking here. To see prior WLG blog posts discussing the amended MEPA, click here.
Employment Law For Companies | Compliance Advice
WLG helps companies navigate the complex web of employment laws. We do so by serving as an affordable resource for employers when they are making day-to-day decisions in the workplace. This service is especially useful to small and mid-sized companies that do not have a full-time HR function. Our goal is to assist employers in complying with the law, and avoiding costly mistakes before they occur.
Examples of the types of day-to-day HR issues that we advise on include:
- hiring issues;
- handling performance problems, and general performance management;
- proper documentation of HR items;
- managing leaves of absence;
- wage and hour compliance;
- policies and employee handbooks;
- employee privacy issues;
- issues that arise from employee use and misuse of technology and equipment; and
- a wide variety of other legal compliance issues that arise in the workplace.
WLG prices these services to make them affordable to the small and mid-sized employer. Fixed-price compliance question hotline packages are available as well.