On June 26, 2017, the highest court in Massachusetts, the Supreme Judicial Court (“SJC”), decided George, et al. v. National Water Main Cleaning Company, et al. This class action law suit stems from uncertainties about assessment of certain damages under the Massachusetts Wage Act (G. L. c. 149 §§ 148, 150).
Employment Law For Companies | Compliance Advice
WLG helps companies navigate the complex web of employment laws. We do so by serving as an affordable resource for employers when they are making day-to-day decisions in the workplace. This service is especially useful to small and mid-sized companies that do not have a full-time HR function. Our goal is to assist employers in complying with the law, and avoiding costly mistakes before they occur.
Examples of the types of day-to-day HR issues that we advise on include:
- hiring issues;
- handling performance problems, and general performance management;
- proper documentation of HR items;
- managing leaves of absence;
- wage and hour compliance;
- policies and employee handbooks;
- employee privacy issues;
- issues that arise from employee use and misuse of technology and equipment; and
- a wide variety of other legal compliance issues that arise in the workplace.
WLG prices these services to make them affordable to the small and mid-sized employer. Fixed-price compliance question hotline packages are available as well.